Which European school for savings?

fine dude

Which European school for savings?

Post by fine dude »

Which of these schools offer the highest saving potential? Of course, not in comparison to those in SE Asia.
IS Geneva
IS Lausanne
Zurich IS
Vienna IS
Frankfurt IS
Munich IS
IS Brussels
IS Amsterdam
wrldtrvlr123

Re: Which European school for savings?

Post by wrldtrvlr123 »

I don't have access to any of the major databases at the moment but I seem to recall that the Swiss schools offered the best savings potential. In particular, I recall IS Geneva and Zurich being the best from your list (but Inter-Community School Zurich being the best of the bunch).

Munich, Brussels and most of the others were minimal savings (<5000 per year for a couple) or even break even/take a loss, depending on your dependent situation (again from what I recall). Sorry if that's not very definitive or helpful. Maybe someone will have more accurate/recent info.
shadowjack

Post by shadowjack »

And in Switzerland, you can plan your laundry days with precision!
hallier

Post by hallier »

Definitely the schools in Switzerland.

Although a lot will depend on your lifestyle, as eating out etc in Switzerland is crazy expensive. You will also have to be realistic and modest in your choice of housing.

If you qualify for a tax exemption, then Germany has saving potential, but you would have to leave after 2 years. You'd save nothing when you are there, but when you leave at the end of the 2 yr contract, you'd get your tax back (which is about 40-44% of your salary). That would be a tidy sum!