joyjobs and Tieonline

julierob25

joyjobs and Tieonline

Post by julierob25 »

Does anyone have experience or knowledge regarding joyjobs or Tieonline? I see a lot of information about SA and ISS but very little about these agencies. Thanks.
marieh

Re: joyjobs and Tieonline

Post by marieh »

SA wouldn't take me without 2 years of experience, so I posted my resume on TIE instead. My current head of school contacted me directly after seeing my information on the website. I also received a few other offers and several interviews from other schools through there. Considering the low cost ($40 a year, if I recall correctly), I feel like there's no reason not to use it as an additional resource in a job hunt.
shadowjack

Post by shadowjack »

I would use TIEonline over Joyjobs. Joyjobs is much more of the ESL market, while TIE is certified teachers.

That's my opinion, but I use Search and TIEonline for my searches when I am looking.
julierob25

Post by julierob25 »

Thank you for the replies I am starting to look for the 2015/2016 year. I think I will go with TIEonline and see what happens.
Apis68

Post by Apis68 »

Julie,

I've used both and after my experiences with ISS I don't think I'll return to job fairs, whether with ISS, Search, or any others. One comment mentioned that JoyJobs is more for ESL/ELL teachers. I've never noticed that, but I have noticed that JoyJobs is easier to use and seems to have more postings. I keep a weebly site that gives all of my information - licenses, letters of recommendation, teaching philosophy, examples of lessons, travel experience, etc. - and have gotten compliments from recruiters for it.

The job fairs are just too stressful for me and they're quite expensive, what with travel costs. I think they're becoming a thing of the past.