Search Leadership Fair

runningsloth

Search Leadership Fair

Post by runningsloth »

Does anyone have experience attending the Search Leadership Fair in KL? Was it a worthwhile experience? Were there many open positions and top schools present, or was it more networking for when positions opened up? My wife qualifies for the fair as a counselor, but we aren't sure if this would be better than waiting for Bangkok? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Dredge

Re: Search Leadership Fair

Post by Dredge »

What are the exact qualifications for this fair? Graduate degree? Admin. experience? No dependents?
runningsloth

Post by runningsloth »

I believe if you are looking for positions under the admin umbrella, and/or part of a teaching couple where one is considered admin, you would be invited. A counselor and athletic director are among positions that are considered admin. Therefore, my wife being a school counselor and myself as a tech teacher could get an invite. It seems too early for many positions to be open. Maybe it's more about the networking that occurs? Just curious.
sid

Post by sid »

It's a very small fair. Few schools, few positions. You can network with movers and shakers in the international school world, but with less jobs available, you have less to pick from and there might not even be what you're looking for. Schools are unlikely to attend the fair if their target is a counselor - more likely to go to find a principal, etc. If a school was there anyway, and happened to need a counselor, I'm sure you'd get a look, but overall I think counselors do better at the larger fairs.
There are leadership options at the London fair and maybe at others as well, and those will have much larger attendance.
Check with your associate and ask for advice.
Good luck.