Doctorate Programs?

teachingagain1945

Doctorate Programs?

Post by teachingagain1945 »

Can anyone recommend any doctorate programs for expatriate educators and administrators? Either online or on-site programs are of interest.
buffalofan

Re: Doctorate Programs?

Post by buffalofan »

I've been looking into this a bit lately. Many of the programs are insanely expensive at $1000++ per credit, which makes no sense at all on a teacher's salary. The University of Florida has some interesting options and realistic pricing. I think a lot depends on whether you want a Ph.D or an Ed.D.
curiousme

Post by curiousme »

I've been doing a lot of research on EdD programs and ended up applying for the Uni of Southern Queensland program EdD. Which do you want - PhD or EdD and what is your nationality (as it makes a huge difference for fees)?
teachingagain1945

I'm American and interested in the Phd program.
gibwise

Post by gibwise »

the university of bath in the UK has a good PHD programme for educators and can easily be done via distance learning.
LisaLisaLisa

Post by LisaLisaLisa »

I am currently attending Northcentral University online and I'm getting my PhD. The thing that I love about my school is everything is 100% online there is no residency, no group work just you and your mentor, there are no semesters so you don't have to wait until August or January to start and you can move at your own pace, anywhere up to 3 classes overlapping at any given time. I have been in school for two and a half years and I have completed all of my classes and now I am getting ready to start writing the first 3 chapters of my dissertation. I am getting ready to move to China with my child and I will be finishing my dissertation over there, I came on this website to look at some schools for my baby and I saw your post. I hope it all works out for you and good luck.
teachingagain1945

LisaLisaLisa,

Thanks for your info.
How is the cost?
How long to complete the program if you are working full time as well?

I wonder how the ranking of the university can affect career prospects.