What is a "top tier" school, to you?

prince15

What is a "top tier" school, to you?

Post by prince15 »

I am creating this thread to see what ISRers believe a "top tier" is or should be. To be organized, please list 3 indicators, in order of importance.
heyteach

Re: What is a "top tier" school, to you?

Post by heyteach »

For me, a "top tier" school is the one I really want to work at--location, package, and curric are all aligned with my priorities. I do not subscribe to other people's ideas of a top-tier school, which, while it may be JIS or SAS, would not suit me for various reasons.
dover2013

Post by dover2013 »

I agree with heyteach - some schools with great facilities, resources and an excellent package would be "too American" or "too British" for some. Others prefer schools modelled on their home systems to others in the same location with better packages.
Three indicators? Teachers treated as professionals and students treated as learners, no bureaucracy, a more than competitive package. Well that's the ideal, something usually gives though - "top tier" schools are not necessarily perfect.
twimih

Post by twimih »

1. It's in a country that is safe, interesting, and easy to live in.
2. The school runs smoothly and successfully, staff is happy and supported by admin, and there is a good work/life balance.
3. Salary and benefits meet all basic needs and substantial savings can be put aside every month.