WASC Attack

shadowjack

Re: WASC Attack

Post by shadowjack »

Good luck. Prepare for disappointment.
Nomads

Post by Nomads »

If there are members of WASC taking bribes, as you suggest, it would indeed be a serious offence. Can you provide us with proof?
gladly_teach&learn

Post by gladly_teach&learn »

Nomads Asked: If there are members of WASC taking bribes, as you suggest, it would indeed be a serious offence. Can you provide us with proof?"

Yes - eyewitness testimony plus an email from a previous head making the charge that bribes (or as he said "gifts") were accepted. WASC may have many on this site fooled, but I'm to them.
sid

Post by sid »

And would the previous head consent to you going public with his name and this e-mail, and to specifying what the gifts were? Otherwise you're just making more unsupported claims.

And it does make a huge difference what the gifts were. It is traditional, and allowed though not encouraged in accreditation rules, for schools to offer small tokens to members of visiting teams. These are best offered AFTER the team has held its exit interview, so as to avoid any appearance of impropriety, but generally the gifts are of a nature that it would be insulting the team's worth to consider that their official opinions might be swayed by them. Teaching may not be the most lucrative of professions, but still I wouldn't sell myself out for a keychain, usb drive, coffee mug or mouse pad with a school monogram. The most expensive gift I was ever offered (and accepted) for work on an accreditation visit maxed out at about a US$40 value on the local market. Considering that a school visitor will likely put in a week of 14 hour days, on a volunteer basis, it's not surprising that schools tend to offer small thank yous. Not all do, and no team I know would be upset for not getting anything, but it's pretty normal overall.
A bribe is something given with the purpose of getting someone to do something they would otherwise not do; it requires understanding on both sides about what is being asked and offered. It is different from a gift, which is given for nobler motives.

It's time to put your money where your mouth is. If you're really getting traction with politicians and mainstream media and legal cases, prove it. Otherwise... shall we say your credibility is a little on the thin side?
sid

Post by sid »

"My friend, if they stop speaking disparagingly of you in certain journals, tell yourself that you are slipping." —Louis Pasteur's mentor
Or more topically, if higgsboson is against me, I must be on the right track.
Walter

Post by Walter »

You know, I always thought Psyguy was quite the stupidest person in the world, but sometimes you have to confess to making a mistake. Gladly and the God-awful particle - aka higgsboson - are immeasurably stupider. The thing is that when people have committed to being idiots all their lives, it's much easier to let them get them get on with it.
Now watch pig's whoreson call me a name. I shall be so hurt.
higgsboson

Post by higgsboson »

Sid and Walter - two pigs in a blanket and of course they would have nothing but strong words for anyone attempting to protect themselves. Sid and Walter are of the grin and bear it philosophy and believe if an owner does you over just do your best to move happily on. They are house-boys and servants and serve their masters well. They are admin.
shadowjack

Post by shadowjack »

But HB, if I had the choice to work with Sid or with you - I suspect you would be wild and funny - I would choose Sid based on his postings on the board.

I am sure you would HATE working with me, but then again, looking at the places you seem to frequent, I don't suppose that would ever happen.
shadowjack

Post by shadowjack »

And speaking of PsyGuy, where HAS he gone? He hasn't pulled an Ichiro, because all his posts are still here, but he has been MIA the past year. Maybe he got married...???
prince15

Post by prince15 »

There are those who focus on commenting on the issue and those who focus on the person.
gladly_teach&learn

Finally, it took almost 4 months and the help of a senator but the State Department is in the game.
I'm sure the dimmer among you are wondering, how does the State Department come in?

It does and WASC will be the focus of our discussion.
sid

Post by sid »

Still no proof, no support, no evidence. Just another claim. Call me dim if it makes you feel better, but the more accurate descriptor is probably "skeptical".
gladly_teach&learn

Sid: "Still no proof, no support, no evidence. Just another claim."

Proof, support and evidence are for the ones that matter. You don't matter.
shadowjack

Post by shadowjack »

Had a friend do something similar once upon a year, exactly as you are doing. Got about as far as you have gotten.

Expect nothing, and then if that's what you get, you will be ok with it. Maybe you will get more. Things do change sometimes.

Don't get your hopes too high, though.
lifeisnotsobad

Post by lifeisnotsobad »

Gladly...(I have to say I struggle to use your full tag) why are you posting on this forum if its members don't matter?