Criminal Record Check for China (from Egypt)

IAMBOG

Criminal Record Check for China (from Egypt)

Post by IAMBOG »

Moving to China in August. Just got my criminal record check in Cairo and it's entirely in Arabic, including my name.

What does China require in terms of criminal record checks?

Should I get this Arabic certificate translated / certifified by a lawyer?

Any thoughts?
Overhere

Re: Criminal Record Check for China (from Egypt)

Post by Overhere »

I can't give you a definitive answer, but I would. That is just what would jam up the Chinese bureaucracy and if you can avoid that then you would be far ahead of the game.
Briz

Post by Briz »

Surprised they did not offer an English option. China offers this when you get you bgc from them. Anyway, they would require it to be in English, so you better go the extra step and send both the original and the certified English copy.
lantana

Post by lantana »

The regulations on the criminal background check changed in 2013. It caused a lot of confusion and stress from teachers at my school. I was coming from the US and did fine with a criminal background check from the police department. My advice would be to definitely get it translated. You should also get it notarized by an official agency there.
klooste

Post by klooste »

Hi! I've been teaching in China and Taiwan for quite awhile. Living the rockin' teacher life. Glad you want to come join a wonderful journey on Chinese soil.

My advice: write your recruiting manager. Getting a document notarized for no purpose is a waste of hard earned cash in my opinion. Don't get it notarized unless your recruiting agent specifically asks for it.You'll need to get an English version of the Crim record check. It should not need to be translated into Chinese (as your recruiting manger or the persons organizing your visa requirements should all be fluent in English).

These are questions which might be better written to your recruiting agent, school principal, or recruiting manager.

I hope my advice helps---Welcome to China!
lantana

Post by lantana »

In my experience, the recruiting agent often has no idea what the requirements are. Everyone you talk to is going to give you a different answer. It's best to be safe instead of to arrive there and not have the proper paperwork. Many people were having to deal this at the beginning of the last school year. Some people had to return home to deal with it.