EdD via distance learning

curiousme

EdD via distance learning

Post by curiousme »

I am trying to find out what my choices are for competing an Educational Doctorate (EdD not PhD) program via distance learning. So far, I have found University of LIverpool and the Open University, but there must be others. Alas, despite much Googling, I cannot find them.

Being abroad, I cannot enrol on a location-based program.

I have looked at US programs but the fees make it prohibitive, as I am a UK citizen. If anyone has experience in the aforementioned programs or can offer even the slightest pointer (including affordable institutions globally), please get in touch.
fine dude

Re: EdD via distance learning

Post by fine dude »

University of Bath, you might have to attend summer school in addition to studying online.
curiousme

Post by curiousme »

Thanks fine dude.

After much research, I've narrowed down the options to Capella (US) and USQ (Oz) in case anyone else is looking. Uni of South Africa is super-cheap if looking for a PhD (which I'm not) and apparently it's well-respected.
buffalofan

Post by buffalofan »

University of Florida has some options for online EdD. Though they do seem to require a short on-campus commitment during the first 2 summers of the program. The fees look relatively ok, but not sure of the extent of the fees for non-US students.
BellaLuna

Post by BellaLuna »

My husband is getting his EdD online at Nova Southeastern University. The only onsite portion is 4 days in Florida during your first July of the program. They offer several concentrations which is nice, but the cost is $1,000 a credit. Ouch.