I’m Canadian. Info needed about the visa process in Kuwait.

KuwaitBound

I’m Canadian. Info needed about the visa process in Kuwait.

Post by KuwaitBound »

Greetings:

I am Canadian and I have accepted a teaching position in Kuwait. I have received some information from my school but frankly the information is not clear. So far, this is what I know:

As requested, as part of initial employment and residency process, I have given the school a recent photo of myself. With this photo, the School, I believe, applies for initial teaching approval from the Ministry of Education in Kuwait. When the school receives the appropriate, initial visa from the Ministry of Education in Kuwait, the school will mail it to me in Canada. However, is this correct?

1) The school doesn’t seem to want any of my degrees right now. However, does this make any sense? Also, the school wants my original degree authenticated from the Kuwaiti Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Kuwait and the Kuwait Embassy in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. However, how do I authenticate my “original” degree? My degree is authentic. It has all the stamps and seals, but is this enough for the Kuwaiti Embassy in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada? Also, I am in Saudi Arabia right now. I won’t be in Canada until the end of May. Can this “authenticating” by the Kuwaiti Embassy wait until then? Does anyone understand what is required here? Could they explain this to me please.

2) The school also wants a Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) from me. No problem. I will get it from the RCMP in Canada. However, the school wants this PCC authenticated from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Kuwait as well as the Kuwait Embassy in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. However, how do I get the Kuwait Embassy to authenticate this PCC? Can I courier my PCC to them or does it mean that I have to travel to Ottawa at my own expense? If so, no problem. However, is there any way to avoid this?

3) Finally, the school seems to want me to get a complete medical before I travel to Kuwait. However, the school is also saying that the Kuwaiti Embassy will tell me the “authorized hospitals or clinic.” Does this mean that I have to get my medical checkup in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada? Does this mean I can’t get my medical in Halifax, Nova Scotia where I spend my summers every year? Does anyone understand what is required here? Could they explain this to me please.

If anything of this means that I must travel to Ottawa that is workable. However, I live thousands of kilometers away from Ottawa, Canada (in Halifax) so this is very difficult for me. Frankly, is there anyone on this Forum who going to Kuwait from Canada this year who could explain more clearly the necessary steps to me. For example, if my documents must go to Ottawa, are there "agents" in Ottawa who can expedite this process at the Embassy for me without me actually traveling to Ottawa or is there a cheaper way than this? For example, if my documents must go to Ottawa, are there "agents" in Ottawa who can expedite this process at the Embassy for me without me actually traveling to Ottawa or is there a cheaper way even than this? If you wish, you can email me the email address below. We just might be going to the same school.

Please understand that I am posting this rather long message because the school hasn’t been completely clear with me, but, of course, this is only my opinion. I am sure that they are trying, but I feel that I need additional information from outside sources to complete this process correctly. Frankly, I want to be employed in Kuwait in September and not unemployed in Canada this September.

Any information/help anyone can give me in this matter is greatly appreciated. Also, if anyone knows a better or alternative place for me to post my requests, please let me know. Finally, if anyone wants to contact me privately about any of the above, you can contact me at the following email address: saidsirii@gmail.com I look forward to hearing from you.
Flyingpigs

Re: I’m Canadian. Info needed about the visa process in Kuwa

Post by Flyingpigs »

Hiya
I have emailed you. :)