Teacher Ready/ question about fingerprints

lantana

Teacher Ready/ question about fingerprints

Post by lantana »

I am finishing up the Teacher Ready program from abroad and need to figure out how to complete the fingerprinting that the Florida Dept of Education sends to the FBI. Can anyone please inform me of whether or not I can get away with having an official at my school do the fingerprints? There seems to be no space on the card to have official documentation (other than a signature of the person performing the fingerprinting) of where the fingerprints were done. Please advise.

Thanks,
Emily
MedellinHeel

Re: Teacher Ready/ question about fingerprints

Post by MedellinHeel »

I am also finishing up TR and just did mine a few days ago at the local sheriff's office.

I would not think you can get that randomly done abroad.
wntriscoming

Post by wntriscoming »

Why not contact Teacher Ready and ask them?
MedellinHeel

Post by MedellinHeel »

Have you already taken your FTCE exams?

Unless you are military you will have to return to the US to take them. I also think you must be in the US to get your diploma and CBI apostilled.
Micky

Post by Micky »

You can get them (fingerprints) done at the US Embassy or consulate abroad. Did it twice already, the last time just over a year ago. It was also free. You can also get your diplomas authenticated at the Embassy or consulate, that will cost 50 USD though.
marieh

Post by marieh »

Micky is correct. You can do them at a US consulate or embassy. I went through the same process last week.