Yew Chung Shanghai Gubei

tommypizza

Yew Chung Shanghai Gubei

Post by tommypizza »

Can anyone give me the latest on YC Shanghai Gubei campus? I've read many reviews with many of them negative. It seems like a high achieving school with a good extracurricular program.

Anyone familiar with what is going on there?
tdaley26

Re: Yew Chung Shanghai Gubei

Post by tdaley26 »

Hi there!!

I teach at the Yew Chung Campus on the other side of Shanghai in Pudong. I am completing my second year and have signed a contract extension for 2 more years. YCIS schools are pretty well run, the students are high achieving and much is expected of staff. The housing is good as is the overall compensation package. Shanghai is a great city to live in (although the air quality is poor). I have two kids that attend and they love it here. What information specifically where you looking for?
tommypizza

Re: Yew Chung Shanghai Gubei

Post by tommypizza »

Thanks for the info. I'm basically looking for insider info on the school climate at Gubei campus. Are teachers micro-managed or allowed to teach. How do you feel about the "package"? housing allowance or school housing...is Gubei affordable for a teacher to live there outside of school housing? How about scheduling? block or 8 per day? How many teaching blocks per week etc.? I've read a lot about how people are happy or unhappy...I want more nuts n bolts information.