French American School SF vs. British School Houston

ChoirGuy

French American School SF vs. British School Houston

Post by ChoirGuy »

Hi All,

still on the job search and was wondering if anyone knew anything about the French American School in San Francisco or British School Houston. I know a LITTLE about the packages, but more interested in the school culture. Thanks for any help as we continue to find that elusive next post!
indogal

Re: French American School SF vs. British School Houston

Post by indogal »

Hi. While I don't really know about the schools themselves, I have met the admin from the French school in SF, as they came to my school for PD. They were great guys. Seem like they would be great to work for, on the basis of meeting them in a conference setting. They were motivated, open to hearing ideas from both teachers and admin, and seemed to have a lot of energy and enthusiasm, so I took these as positive signs.

Not sure about the British school in Houston, but I was interested in a British school in another US city and the requirements were that in order to teach there you had to have qualified as a teacher in the UK. Also have a dear friend from England whose cousin recently was hired at the school in Houston, so that reinforces my belief that they only hire UK trained teachers.
ChoirGuy

Re: French American School SF vs. British School Houston

Post by ChoirGuy »

Thanks Indogal. I know about the UK qualified staff bit, and I actually asked about that. I'm simply still on their system and am not (as of yet!) unsuccessful, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks also for the info on the admin at French American School. Always good to hear positives!