Contacting recruiters through Search

jessiejames

Contacting recruiters through Search

Post by jessiejames »

Post deleted.
Last edited by jessiejames on Sat May 10, 2014 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
newchapter

Re: Contacting recruiters through Search

Post by newchapter »

I think if you email them through the Search site - as opposed to their own independent email - they will be directly linked to your profile. I had great success with this and pretty much landed my job this way.
Micky

Post by Micky »

Newchapter is correct. I specifically asked my search associate about this and she assured me that if you communicate with them via the search site they automatically receive a link to your file. Good luck
Yantantether

Post by Yantantether »

All you need to do is apply for the position you are interested in and at the bottom of your letter of application state that you are a SA member and that they can view your file and refs. All Search schools have this facility, you don't need to provide a link JJ.

Good luck
nalfc

Post by nalfc »

No more to add, except good luck and I got my position through contacting schools through Search and yes they get your profile linked. Fingers crossed for you
jessiejames

Post by jessiejames »

Thank you so much for your quick replies, everyone - they are very helpful! How reassuring that you found your jobs that way, newchapter and nalfc. I hope I am as lucky :)
nalfc

Post by nalfc »

I hope so too - keep us posted
Cali.Girl

Post by Cali.Girl »

I attended a fair and nothing came of it. I kept sending in my applications as positions were posted via the Search email updates. I went to the school's web site and then sent my application packet directly to the HR person listed on the posting. In my closing paragraph of my cover letter, I always mentioned I was a registered member of SA. I made a few short lists, had some interviews, and accepted an offer! For me, direct applications got me a job, not the fair. However, I wouldn't have gotten the interviews without being member of SA.
Flyingpigs

Post by Flyingpigs »

I contacted all the schools directly,and mentioned in the subject heading and again in the last paragraph of the covering letter that I am a search candidate. They can then go to SEARCH and look at my profile.
I did this because I did not like the way the email looked coming through from the search website directly. The format was off, the font was boring and it did not look appealing or unique at all.
just my two cents
jessiejames

Post by jessiejames »

Post deleted.
Last edited by jessiejames on Sat May 10, 2014 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nalfc

Post by nalfc »

Don't give up just yet - how many years of experience do you have?
runningsloth

Post by runningsloth »

Is there any particular reason you are eliminating the ME as a possibility?
jessiejames

Post by jessiejames »

Ethnoreligious reasons: there are some countries in the ME that I would not be allowed to enter, others where - from the looks of things online - I would be advised to keep quiet about my background, which is not really ideal.
This is my third year of teaching nalfc, but the first was part time while I got my MA, so that probably doesn't count in the eyes of most recruiters. I haven't given up entirely, but I know it is getting very late in the game - it will soon be past the point where I am allowed to hand in my notice in my current position, anyhow. Luckily I work at a very good school so it is not a desperation situation and I can wait another year, but I've always intended on teaching overseas so I'd really like to get started ASAP!