Compare air pollution/quality of life BJ, BKK, JK

HoraceMann

Compare air pollution/quality of life BJ, BKK, JK

Post by HoraceMann »

I am trying to get a handle of how the air pollution between Beijing, Bangkok, and Jakarta. compare. Any information would be helpful. I am hoping for a compare/contrast between the three (or the two that you might be familiar with).
Could anyone also compare/contrast level of pollution and quality of life between any two or all three?

Thanks,
HM
Last edited by HoraceMann on Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wntriscoming

Re: Compare air pollution/quality of life BJ, BK, JK

Post by wntriscoming »

I've been to all three more than once.

Beijing is by far the worst. Out of Bangkok and Jakarta, Bangkok seems to be better on the pollution rating, and the ease of getting around is far better than in Jakarta simply because of the public transportation.
HoraceMann

Re: Compare air pollution/quality of life BJ, BKK, JK

Post by HoraceMann »

Thanks wntriscoming,

This is the type of information I am looking for…everyone please keep it coming. I know that BKK is not far from some beaches, and not terribly far from some nice beaches. How about JKT? How far, or given the traffic how long of a drive would it be to get to a beach good enough to warrant what I am guessing might be a trip of several hours each way.
I am familiar with the cost of air travel from BJ, how do prices compare traveling around SEA from BKK and JKT?
Also, I hope that anyone with anything they think might be relevant to the discussion will simply add it.
Thanks
Yantantether

Re: Compare air pollution/quality of life BJ, BKK, JK

Post by Yantantether »

BKK is a much more pleasant place to live than JKT. Can't speak for BJ. JKT sucks when it comes to traffic pollution, smoking everywhere pollution, getting around, things to do,cost, ease of living etc. No competition, BKK wins hands down. The one and only good thing about JKT from my own exp. is that the Indo's are much nicer people. Nicer in that they are genuinely interested and respectful towards westerners, something that disappeared from Thailand years ago unfortunately.

Indonesia on the other hand is a country filled with travel opps. to fascinating and relatively unspoiled places. However, you will have to use time and money to travel and it is more costly to do that than Thailand/BKK.

IN SUMMARY: BKK over JKT hands down. BKK has so much to offer and is such an easy place to live. JKT on the other hand sadly boasts none of those things. Great country......horrible capital city!