City in Saudi Arabia with most expats?

WonderingWhat

City in Saudi Arabia with most expats?

Post by WonderingWhat »

Which city has the most expats in Saudi Arabia, especially expat teachers?
fine dude

Re: City in Saudi Arabia with most expats?

Post by fine dude »

Jeddah is more livable from the point of your personal freedom and is more cosmopolitan.
ready2go

Re: City in Saudi Arabia with most expats?

Post by ready2go »

I think Shadowjack has discussed this in some length, so I'll just echo his words really. I don't think it matters where you live in KSA it's all about what you make of it. Fine dude says Jeddah is more livable, probably true in a lot of ways. It's more relaxed in Jeddah maybe, women can wear colored abyahs. But I know a few expats who live in Riyadh that used to live in Jeddah that prefer to live in Riyadh. I'ts more about how you choose to deal with it than it is about where you live I think.
I live in Riyadh and like it. I'm a man and have a family, and am not into alcohol or parties and Riyadh suits me fine. I get out on the weekends to see interesting things, and go out of my way to socialize. For most people they limit themselves to friends at work and at the compound and complain that it's limited.

To answer your question, I couldn't say for sure, but Riyadh is a lot bigger and thus likely has the bigger expat population.