BC School - Bangkok

CDNTEACH

BC School - Bangkok

Post by CDNTEACH »

Any new info on this school? (BCISB)My info from friends is 3 years old.

Thanks
IAMBOG

Re: BC School - Bangkok

Post by IAMBOG »

Well, we applied last year and were given the run around by the recruiter, until we eventually gave up. The salary was low and there was no housing allowance. I'm currently at a BC offshore school and was told by my principal and by our offshore representative to avoid it, as it was in danger of losing it's BC certification and student numbers were low, so it may close.

That being said, I have had email communication with several teachers who work and have worked at the school who seem to like it. Some have been there past their first contract, so it can't be that bad.

There seems to have been a bit of shake up in admin. The last principal (Gerry) really put me off, because he seemed more about promoting himself and his 'charities' than promoting the school. The principal has changed and the appallingly bad website they had has been upgraded, so hopefully they are heading in the right direction.

After working with middle east students, the student body looks like a dream, On a financial front, maybe not.
benj009

Post by benj009 »

I think teachers are willing to put up with low pay, and bad behavior by administration because Thailand is a great place to teach. Who wouldn't want to work in a country with beautiful year round weather? You get a lot of bang for the buck in Thailand.

I could be wrong though.
skonamaj1

Post by skonamaj1 »

I have a friend working there now. He loves it.
CDNTEACH

Post by CDNTEACH »

Thank you all. We have had a conversation so we will see where it goes.