Cloud Forest School in Costa Rica

cstell

Cloud Forest School in Costa Rica

Post by cstell »

Hi there seasoned international teachers,

I'm curious to see if anyone has information on the Cloud Forest School in Monteverde, Costa Rica.
I am on second rounds of interviews, but unsure of the actual school's function, organization, faculty, resources, etc...
All I know is that pay is low due to it being a Non-profit, it's a green/environmentally friendly and has an environmentally driven curriculum, and it is in a rural location (albeit, touristy).

I would like to hear from someone who has worked there or knows someone who has! I'm intrigued. Any advice, facts, or knowledge would be MUCH APPRECIATED!
lgtallie

Re: Cloud Forest School in Costa Rica

Post by lgtallie »

I have never worked there, but a student of mine used to go to school there. She was the sweetest kid and she was fully bilingual (I think it is a bilingual school) by the time I had her in second grade in Oregon. I spoke to her mom who raved about the school and said I should try to work there. She said it was a small school on the top of a mountain and the only downside is when it rains and all the mountain roads get super muddy and hard to pass.

Sadly, that was in 2010 and I have lost contact with the family. I too am interested in hearing back from other teachers who might know more about the school.

-Amanda at http://teachingwanderlust.com/
cstell

Re: Cloud Forest School in Costa Rica

Post by cstell »

Thanks Amanda. Yes, it seems to be elusive...I hear psuedo-good things, but nothing concrete. I thin kI am going to say no since less information isn't always a winning situation. Safe > Sorry