SEARCH-list of Schools Salaries and Benefits?

Heath

SEARCH-list of Schools Salaries and Benefits?

Post by Heath »

I´m a member of ISS, and they have a PDF-list of salaries and benefits at their member schools. Do Search Associates have something similar? In that case, does anybody want to exchange lists? Anywhere else online where I can find such a list?
shadowjack

Re: SEARCH-list of Schools Salaries and Benefits?

Post by shadowjack »

Heath,

Search's database is far superior to ISS, unless things have changed in the past two years. ISS' database is more set up for schools, Search's is set up more for teachers.

Finally, keep in mind what you are asking is actually a violation of the contract that teachers enter into with Search. Just saying.
appleseed

Post by appleseed »

Search has the salaries listed for most schools when you arrive at the job fairs (usually in a large binder). Why not just post them on the website as well?
klooste

Post by klooste »

appleseed wrote:
> Search has the salaries listed for most schools when you arrive at the job
> fairs (usually in a large binder). Why not just post them on the website as
> well?

Agreed. By downloading music we are also violating several copy right laws. Even if sharing the info violates the contract, how can search actually track the information being distrubuted? Why should information be trapped with a membership fee?
shadowjack

Post by shadowjack »

Klooste,

I guess because you don't agree on a legal document with your internet provider to not share or download music. But you DO sign an agreement with Search about their database and its use.

Then again, you might think it ok if you school suddenly changed your signed contract because everybody else is doing it.

I see your point, but then again, you DID sign up with Search knowing one requirement was not sharing.

Just saying.

Shad
sid

Post by sid »

Why should information be trapped with a membership fee? Because Search is not a charity and you are not its beneficiary. They are a company with bills and salaries to pay.
You're a teacher, in the business of imparting info to students. Do you do that for free?
Cheery Littlebottom

Post by Cheery Littlebottom »

I'm with Sid.
interteach

Post by interteach »

Agreed. Pay the price if you want the information. Search does a good job.
klooste

Post by klooste »

I stand corrected.
redrider

Post by redrider »

Search also doesn't make it that easy. You need to look school by school to see what they offer in terms of pay and benefits and they don't put it into a pdf for you, it's just webpage. (You could make this, school by school, but it would be slow and time consuming.)
klooste

Post by klooste »

I still think information should be free, but I don't want to get flamed on this forum.

I will say this though: I don't look at teaching as "imparting info to students." A web page imparts information to the public. Our jobs are much more diverse (at least in my eyes) Feel free to disagree with me if you like, but I don't teach for free because we are not simply doing what a web page is designed to do. We are janitors, we are listeners, we are supervisors, we are councillors (ever had a kid come after school just to rant to you about his bad day?), we are presenters, we are actors, we are professionals, we are funny, we are serious, we are in the eyes of the public, we are markers, we are coffee sippers, we are creative, we are HUMAN. The list goes on. yes our jobs are to teach, but how we do it depends totally on our kids. I am not going to stand up in front of a class and simply "impart information to students.”