Expert Needed in Cover Letter and Resume Formatting

cbad

Expert Needed in Cover Letter and Resume Formatting

Post by cbad »

Hello! My wife and I have applied to several positions this year. We have lots of IB experience and great references. However, we have had absolutely no luck at all this year. My question is this: Are there resources out there i.e. people to whom I could send all of my documents and pay to have this expert in IS reformat, reword, rework... all of my stuff. In my eyes, all of our stuff looks professional but I believe this is where our problem lies- our presentation. In other words, I would like to know if any of you know of credible people with lots of IS hiring experience who can take care of our documents (comment, give advice, and make changes on Cover Letter as well as Resume') for a fee. Maybe some of you on this forum possibly.

Now, I know your questions: Have you searched the web for advice? Have you shown your HR person your document?...... All yes to these questions. I want an expert who can take care of this for me, maybe ask a few questions, and then pretty much give me the finished product. I am just sick of guessing as to how these schools are viewing our documents.

Thanks for all your help!
SuzieQ

Re: Expert Needed in Cover Letter and Resume Formatting

Post by SuzieQ »

This may or may not be useful:

I am fortunate to have enjoyed a fantastic work history, which I felt my future employers needed to know to fully understand how I should be able to epitomise their schools. Then I recently I sent my 7 page c.v. to a friend (we were considering jointly approaching a school with two leadership positions, explaining we have worked very well together in the past). She took one look and said 'Yike's, that is way too long! I've slimmed mine to 2 pages and am now getting interviews.'

Two weeks ago someone on this forum recommended joyjobs. This company's first advice is to 'put your c.v. on a diet', the second on what to say if you are completely ancient (like on the wrong side of 50, like me). After a haircut and a professional photograph, I've already been approached by one of the schools I applied for (and the other jobs have only just closed).I do recommend this site.

You only need one buyer to make a sale.
cbad

Re: Expert Needed in Cover Letter and Resume Formatting

Post by cbad »

Thank you very much for the response. I signed up with JoyJobs two weeks ago but still have to go through the entire process. I will definitely have everything ready for the next hiring season.

Anyone else out there who has the time to look at our documents and earn some cash?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.