International School of Ulm, Germany

cyndioeo

International School of Ulm, Germany

Post by cyndioeo »

Anyone have any information about this small school? There are no reviews on the paid site. Any info. is much appreciated!
BlueJay

Re: International School of Ulm, Germany

Post by BlueJay »

I interviewed with their director at the London Search Fair in January. Lovely man. Small school. Going through some upgrades. Low turn over. Beautiful area of the country. Low salary. I came away very impressed with them.
optimistia

Post by optimistia »

I interviewed with them at the Search fair in Cambridge and was also impressed. They are a small and youngish (10 years or so) school and they described themselves as looking for people that were extremely flexible, optimistic, and who didn't mind having multiple preps. They seemed to really value collaborative learning, and (at least in the middle school) they took a week off their normal schedule every semester to take the students through a large interdisciplinary unit. They were very honest about the fact that as a newer school they were still creating their culture. It seemed like a place where teachers who like to explore/initiate new ideas would do well.

The open position didn't end up being a good fit for me content-wise, but I would have accepted a different position if there had been one, though the salary is on the low side. It seems like a really interesting place in a beautiful part of the world.
cyndioeo

Post by cyndioeo »

Thank you for all the information! I also had the same feelings when I spoke on Skype with them. Unfortunately the pay is just too low for me right now which really upsets me, because I think it would be a great place to work.