Job Fair - Bethesda

JB

Job Fair - Bethesda

Post by JB »

What type of schools are represented at the Job Fair in Bethesda in June? Since majority of the hiring is occurring now, it makes me seriously apprehensive about the jobs unfilled and the schools at the fair. If I am unable to secure a job by contacting schools directly, will the fair be worth my time or will I highly disappointed with the "leftovers" at the fair? We are a teaching couple (both want to teach PE, but certified in other fields) and we have dependents.
MedellinHeel

Re: Job Fair - Bethesda

Post by MedellinHeel »

"beggars cant be choosey"
shadowjack

Post by shadowjack »

If you already have a job, then you are fine. If you are resigning your jobs to go to Bethesda, perhaps you want to wait until next year.

I will also tell you that it is very very rare for schools to hire a teaching couple for TWO PE openings. If you are both presenting yourself as PE teachers, that is what the focus of the recruiters will be. Trying to be a utility teacher doesn't really work at the job fairs or overseas.

Keep us posted!
lloydkirk

Post by lloydkirk »

Is Bethesda a good fair for newly qualified teachers looking for a decent 2nd tier school?
MedellinHeel

Post by MedellinHeel »

I am thinking of trying to go to this fair. I should have my license and ACP finished by May.

I looked at the webpage for this fair and didnt see it's school list. Is that not provided or am I just blind?
Q8Sobieski

Post by Q8Sobieski »

Bethesda seems to have been cancelled. The schools that attended were all too dodgy and the candidates usually too desperate.