Western International School of Shanghai

WonderingWhat

Western International School of Shanghai

Post by WonderingWhat »

Does anyone have any information on this school?
grdwdgrrrl

Re: Western International School of Shanghai

Post by grdwdgrrrl »

WISS used to have an excellent reputation. I had many friends with kids there and they loved it. I did not know any teachers. This info is 4 years old. Also, I know that what the kids and parents experience can be very different from what the teachers experience.
As an aside, I am finding that there is a dearth of info on schools in general on the paid side. And the schools that have been reviewed, many are out of date. I feel that we need to keep the info flowing in order to inform our fellow teachers. I have been guilty of this as well.
WonderingWhat

Post by WonderingWhat »

The package looks good except for moving allowance, settling in allowance, PD and maybe the number of teaching days is high. I would love to hear from some people presently or recently having worked there.
nikkor

Post by nikkor »

I live in Shanghai, and my job keeps me in contact with all the other international schools. I've never heard of this one, which makes me believe it's a school for students with Chinese passports.
What are the package details?
teacher4429

Post by teacher4429 »

I live in in Shanghai not too far from WISS. I see many expat kids in my compound wearing WISS uniforms. It is definitely not a school for Chinese passport holders. I think the HS principal has been there for many years and I know they run all three IB programs. The school is far from downtown Shanghai. I have not met any WISS Teachers so I cannot comment on their perception of the package or working conditions.
Artrageous

Post by Artrageous »

Hi it is a growing school with growing population and growing facilities. It has been around for around 8 years I think. It runs all three IB programmes, and is being accredited by WASC in the next year or so. Kid population is mainly European, some Asian (Korean, Japanese , Indian, some Chinese-mix) sprinkling of others. Good mix of nationality in the teachers too. Package, housing and medical cover, plus flights is decent. Far away from Pudong but plenty to do in Hong Mei , French Concession, and near school there are new malls going up.
cheerysunshine

Post by cheerysunshine »

Any updates about this school? Anyone works here?

FORUM ADMIN HAS LOCKED THIS TOPIC. PLEASE DO NOT POST OR REQUEST SCHOOL EVALUATION TYPE MATERIAL ON THIS FORUM.

See our teerms of forum use for more info.