Top Paying school in Colombia?

calciodirigore

Re: Top Paying school in Colombia?

Post by calciodirigore »

Bogota is expensive compared to similar cities in similar countries and also a very frustrating place to live. Transportation and safety are a very serious issue.

If you were genuinely set on a move to Bogota, I would select CNG over the Anglo or the English School. I make this suggestion not because of the pay or quality of schools (all three of these pay roughly the same amount when you factor in pension schemes, bonuses and travel and all schools in Bogota have poor discipline issues and average/below average students) but because of location.

The Anglo and the English school are located in pretty average neighbourhoods many, many blocks from the nicer and more interesting parts of the city. CNG is in Rosales, a very pleasant area with cafes, bars, restaurants, parks, shopping etc. within walking distance. Rosales is also much closer to la Macarena and la Candelaria, two fantastic neighbourhoods for general atmosphere, history and culture.

I recently lived in Bogota and have visited over a dozen times in the last 10 years.

@ Cee13

IMHO, why on earth would you want to live in anything below estrato 5 in Bogota? Cedritos is an absolute dump.
PsyGuy

Discussion

Post by PsyGuy »

@Cee13

The highest utility costs in Medellin at stratus 6 is $99, thats still below the global average and a third less than elsewhere.
flyingrob31

Post by flyingrob31 »

Ignorance is truly bliss. At one point in time I had to turn down a great written offer from CNG. Had I known that the odds of getting hired were so low I probably would have never even applied. I think its best to not get caught up in too much info about hiring and such.... just do your best and let the chips fall where they may.
Cee13

Post by Cee13 »

@calcio You could live in stratus 5 in Bogotá, Medellín, Cali, Armenia, Pereira and feel safe. I have friends throughout Colombia and they live in stratus 5 apartment buildings on the very same street as stratus 6 apartment buildings. Their apartments aren't as nice and modern, but they feel safe.

@psyguy "The highest utility costs in Medellín at stratus 6 is $99"
Just because you googled something doesn't make it true. I know people who live in stratus 5 and 6 apartments and pay more than $99 a month for their utilities.
PsyGuy

Comment

Post by PsyGuy »

@Cee13

I know people that spend $200USD on square watermelons. Ill take aggregated data over a point sample any day.