Waiting. . . ?

Khalida

Waiting. . . ?

Post by Khalida »

I had my first Skype interview two days ago with a school I would love to work at. The interview went well and the director asked for my references. I followed up same day with an email thanking the interviewers for their time and expressing my enthusiasm for the position.

What has your experience been? How long between interview and offer? Or, if no offer was made, did you receive an email indicating that the position had been filled?
gibwise

Re: Waiting. . . ?

Post by gibwise »

We interviewed and then were offered the job 2 weeks later from one school. from another we had a 2 day turn around (although the second one knew we had an offer and a deadline on the table already). It is mostly up to the admin of the school and their time frame unless you already have another offer. if you don't hear back in a week to 2 weeks I would send a follow up email asking when it is likely you will know the outcome of your application and re stressing your enthusiasm for the position.

From some schools i did receive an email saying thanks but no thanks but from others I did not. Give some time to follow up anyway - remember once the school has offered the job they have to wait on someone to decide to accept or not before they can offer it to their next candidate.
nalfc

Post by nalfc »

I am also waiting - had my Skype interview Wednesday amd they are going to get back to me by next Wednesday. I had a great time during the interview, the ADMIN were down to earth, truthful and the type of people I would want to work for. So good luck gibside and keep us updated.

PS My finger nails are nearly all gone
nalfc

Post by nalfc »

Sorry - good luck Khalida
Rye

Post by Rye »

I have had two completely opposite interview results in terms of waiting.

One school I spoke with took about almost month and a half before I recieved a "No thank you" email return from them. It had been zero communicado until then. No response to my thank you note, for example.

The other said they would contact my references, did the next day (which meant them being awake and coherent at off-work hours to do so to match our time zone) and asked for a second interview the following weekend. Then two days later I recieved my offer, which I accepted.

Depending on their time table and where in the world they are located it may take a bit longer than you would think. If they said they are contacting your references it sounds like you are very close to where you want to be. And gibwise makes a good point - if they did offer it to somone else they have to wait for that response before they can move on to the next in line.

Fingers crossed for you, I hope they get back to you with haste and you can make your decision. Good luck!
Khalida

Post by Khalida »

Thank you Rye, nalfc, and gibwise for sharing. Yesterday was stressful, I kept wondering what the outcome would be. I do understand about the "nails", metaphorically speaking! After some meditation today I am now adopting a "Que sera, sera" approach. I am an excellent teacher and it's all about timing and finding the right match.

So, here's to Doris Day!

"Que Sera Sera
Whatever will be will be
The future's not ours to see
Que Sera Sera
What will be will be"
nalfc

Post by nalfc »

Exactly - just watching total trash TV (which I never do) and thinking that even if it is a no then I will get something. Keep us updated and I am using you for my support until the results come - let us hope we both get a yes
Khalida

Post by Khalida »

Yes, nalfc, I'm here for you, great to have the support on this board. The admin I interviewed with on Tuesday is also excellent and the package is very good, too. All in all, very appealing! Just the same, I'm continuing to send out applications; it provides a focus and helps prevent an "all the eggs in one basket" mindset.

Good luck to you and to all! Looking forward to everyone's news!!
nalfc

Post by nalfc »

Yeah I am still sending them out - be weird once I do not have to do it (soon I hope) this time next week we should know our fate!
chimath

Post by chimath »

Nevermind
joanveronica

Post by joanveronica »

Please give us an update!
nalfc

Post by nalfc »

Nalfc here. Got offered the job I interviewed for, in the end I got offered 3 jobs and had another interview lined up. No regrets as I am loving the school and country, big promotion and getting ready to sign a new contract, negotiations already started for the next contract and going very, very well. This international teaching stuff is amazing, my only regret is not doing it earlier. Hope Khalida had as much luck as I did