A'Takamul International School - Kuwait

Godfather146

A'Takamul International School - Kuwait

Post by Godfather146 »

Hi guys,

Any recent news for A'Takamul International School? Paysite reviews aren't particularly great, however, last review was 4 yrs ago. Any info on the package e.g. salary, flights, quality of accommodation, schooling for kids?

Many thanks
Godfather
shadowjack

Re: A'Takamul International School - Kuwait

Post by shadowjack »

If your kids go to A'Takamul, they would likely be the only Western kids there. A'Takamul is definitely a tier 3 school. Knowing what I know (although dated), I would not take a job nor inflict it on my children.

However, I do recognize that others' mileage may vary. Here is an idea. Look at their website. Do they list staff? Can you email staff for up-to-date info (randomly pick names?). Our director encourages prospective hires to go to our website, pick any name they want, and email them regarding their thoughts. I like schools like that - perhaps that's why I am working here!

Also, there is a Facebook group for International Teachers. Join and ask.
Dawson

Re: A'Takamul International School - Kuwait

Post by Dawson »

When I was in Kuwait two years ago this was a highly regarded school for those with special needs. I had heard from some colleagues that had been in Kuwait a long time that they offer a great package and top salary for the country. This is all speculative because I never interviewed or spoke with them, but I think they are quite good and offer a nice package. You do need to understand what Kuwait is like though before you go. It's definitely like Saudi where it is not going to be a good fit for some people. Anyway, good luck and I think they do offer a good salary.