Cambridge International Exams A-Level Psychology

Novice

Cambridge International Exams A-Level Psychology

Post by Novice »

Hi guys, anyone teaching CIE A-Level Psychology that could recommend good resources, textbooks, etc. ? Thanks you advance!
migratingbird

Re: Cambridge International Exams A-Level Psychology

Post by migratingbird »

I am...but it's not easy! According to the CIE website, they have just got a textbook out that goes with the course. It's my first year doing it so to be honest am pretty much sticking to the scheme of work until I get my head round it. It's soooo core study based, which I'm finding really dull quite frankly.
Novice

Post by Novice »

My thoughts exactly. I am currently delivering the AQA A syllabus, which is ok but come September I will start in a school that delivers the CIE. If you don't mind me asking , did you produce a Scheme of Work, or is on their website? AQA provides guidance SoWs for lecturers to follow and amend as they see fit. Also, I bought a revision guide that has all the core studies and themes, would you mind letting me know the name of the new textbook that is coming out to accompany the course? Sorry for all the questions. I just wanted to be prepared :) I am currently finishing my postgrad thesis, teaching and trying to prepare for this new job! :D

Thank you for the help in advance Migratingbird!
migratingbird

Post by migratingbird »

Have PMed you, but never done that before so let me know if you don't get it!