Fast Track to Teaching

MedellinHeel

Re: Fast Track to Teaching

Post by MedellinHeel »

yes but you must return to the US to take the exams unless you or your spouse are military and your base offers the exam. the OP still needs to get a degree, which should be in education. so any ACP would be a good bit down the line and not even needed really.

prince15 wrote:
> I remember someone posting that the teachready program allows you to do
> your student teaching internationally. Double check though.
marieh

Post by marieh »

If your friend is interested in teaching high school level history, mathematics, or computer science. I would recommend looking at the University of Illinois' online B.A. degrees. They're fully accredited and will give you the same diploma as their regular programs. It is possible to finish the degree in 3 years if one works diligently, CLEPs out of what they can, and takes summer classes.

http://www.online.uillinois.edu/catalog ... greeType=1

As other posters have mentioned, once her B.A. is obtained, your friend can do her student teaching overseas through the Teacher Ready program. This is fully accredited and takes about 9-10 months to complete. Yes, the exams must be taken in America, but they can be done over a 2-3 day period and are offered in dozens of different cities.
MedellinHeel

Post by MedellinHeel »

How does a school get around cheating with an all online degree / class?
marieh

Post by marieh »

MedellinHeel wrote:
> How does a school get around cheating with an all online degree / class?

That's a fair question. As someone who did their degree almost entirely online (different school), I will say that the cheating issue depends greatly on how the classes are structured and the type of work given. For example, in many of my higher level math classes, homework was completely ungraded (only used for feedback) and the tests consisted of a few extremely complicated problems and a 12-24 hour time limit. The difficulty was such that cheating would have been almost impossible unless you knew someone who had an advanced knowledge of the exact same topic.

For other classes, we were required to take all of our tests at a local university testing center. This also made cheating difficult/impossible, as the tests were sent directly to the center and there was a proctor there watching us the entire time. I would go so far as to say that cheating is probably more of a problem in regular, brick-and-mortar classes than in many online courses.