Emirates National School

PIEGUY

Re: Emirates National School

Post by PIEGUY »

Perfect then, 'pretty kitty'. Get your friends' email addresses (i.e. the ones actually working at the school you're considering - not just third . hearsay) and contact them directly with your questions...
PsyGuy

Post by PsyGuy »

@pretty kitty

Everyone is nice during the interview just as sociopath ITs can fake an interview so can sociopath admins. If your not reped by an agency take the job and keep looking, you can decide later when you have all the options in front of you and time draws closer which position to take. At the very least this will be a safety appointment for you.
Nomad68

Re: Emirates National School

Post by Nomad68 »

Check where your accommodation will be - if it is near the school, forget it as you are miles from anywhere and taxis to and from the city are expensive and hard to find. If you are in the city you are at least a 45 minute drive each way. When I was there a school bus for faculty was provided - if you missed it you had to get a taxi. The commute made for a long day.

Apart from that the school was a nightmare! - unpleasant administration, hostile work environment that bordered on racist. Both from the administration (who were mostly Jordanian?) and staff (there was a strong Afrikaaner clique). The school had its own curriculum and was not accredited. There was a bullying blame culture and the year I left there was a mass exodus of over 80 staff across the 3 schools in Abu Dhabi. The contract was a joke - basically a list of penalties that could be applied against the employee. I cannot say a good word about this school - in my opinion it would only harm your career and be a miserable experience.