TIE online... what's the deal?

chilagringa

TIE online... what's the deal?

Post by chilagringa »

So, this is somewhat of an awkward question, but I'll ask it nonetheless because I am curious.

I am a NQT (besides some pre-certification experience), I don't have a high-demand subject area, and I did not attend any fairs. Curiously, I have been receiving emails of interest from TIE online from schools I would have thought were somewhat out of my league (but not extremely out of my league.)

I can explain this in one of five ways (or possibly a combination thereof):

1) I'm a cheap hire.
2) The big fairs are past and now some schools are scrambling.
3) This is what all the school websites are talking about when they warn applicants of scammers.
4) The directors just press a button on TIE online that sends the same email to everyone with my teaching subject.
5) There is something in my limited resume that screams brilliance. (Probably not this one.)

So... which is it?
tdaley26

Re: TIE online... what's the deal?

Post by tdaley26 »

Could be any of these, or different ones in different circumstances…….I was hired via TIE and am loving my current position. Schools often use TIE and Skype to supplement their efforts at fairs.
shadowjack

Post by shadowjack »

If they are asking for documents up front, such as your drivers' licence and passport, be aware they are probably a scam. There was a school on TIE a few years back that was doing just that. Also, if they are asking a fee, another scam.

Otherwise, it could be your experience outside of teaching.
chilagringa

Post by chilagringa »

Thanks for the advice... I'll keep my eyes open for signs of scamming.