Bayan Bilingual School

Godfather146

Bayan Bilingual School

Post by Godfather146 »

Does anyone have any recent experiences of Bayan Bilingual School in Kuwait? specifically the package provided and children school fee allowances? thanks!
BigSky

Re: Bayan Bilingual School

Post by BigSky »

If you are talking about Al Bayan Bilingual in Kuwait most of their info is on their website. Several of my friends worked there & really liked it, heavy workload, but great salary and benefits. Unfortunately, last I heard they don't take expat kids as they are a true bilingual school with many of their classes taught in arabic. I think they might have that noted on their website as well. I think ASK and AISK are also still hiring, I would recommend them as well, also UAS.
lemonlily

Re: Bayan Bilingual School

Post by lemonlily »

It really depends on which department you will be in. ES, MS or HS. If it's ES I would stay very far away. MS and HS teachers can be generally happy but the students are very difficult to deal with.

I would definitely not put my student in at BBS. The student population is pretty much entirely Kuwaiti, those who aren't are at least half Kuwaiti or they fake it really well. Non Kuwaiti students are treated very poorly by others and will be bullied and have an overall difficult time.

The package is pretty good...but they are going through a lot of changes next year.

If you want more info, I wouldn't mind PMing you.