Any Info on International School of Ho Chi Minh?

PsychBean

Any Info on International School of Ho Chi Minh?

Post by PsychBean »

I went to the paid section of the site and the reviews were a bit scary.. Does anyone have any current information or first hand information of this school. It appears they have done a recent shake up.. I know someone going and they are pretty optimistic.

How is housing?
I also hear they are expanding more.
What are school/work hours?
Savings potential?

Thanks.
Briz

Re: Any Info on International School of Ho Chi Minh?

Post by Briz »

It was my least favorite interview in BKK. The guy I talked to had just come in March, and although he seemed competent, the whole of the program seemed in disarray. This was the AP side of things (i think, I was very unimpressed!) I was so unimpressed I told him right there that I was not interested in pursuing the position any further. It seemed like a mess! They wanted me to teach a section of AP, 10th grade, and 2 6th grade sections. I asked why? Would I want to do that? Apparently the best answer was because that was how it had been done before.... All downhill from there!
PsychBean

Post by PsychBean »

Thanks Briz. I presume you are speaking about Simon who I have heard good things about. Well I have also heard they are trying to clean things up. Thanks for your input.
calciodirigore

Post by calciodirigore »

I assume Briz is speaking about ISHMC American Academy, and not ISHMC proper. They are completely different and run by different people.

I would never accept a position from the former. However, I would be happy to work at the latter. They are definitely on the way up. Housing could be excellent, savings potential is good and Saigon is fantastic.

I worked in Saigon while ISHMC was going through the Cognita takeover. My friends who worked there commented that it was not pleasant. These same friends are still there and can't believe how much it's changed for the better.

Cheers.
Briz

Post by Briz »

Psychbean... Yes

Calcioderigore... Also yes

One side good, other side recovering. Guy in charge (Simon) seems to be on the right path. Didn't feel it was right for me.