The American International School of Muscat

asjwr19

The American International School of Muscat

Post by asjwr19 »

I'm looking for current information (quality of life, workload, benefits package, and so on) for TAISM. Is Oman a country suitable for a teaching family with toddlers?
heyteach

Re: The American International School of Muscat

Post by heyteach »

I spent two years in Muscat and absolutely loved the lifestyle there. Omanis pride themselves on being friendly, gracious, and tolerant. I lived in a very nice furnished apartment near a huge park and a beautiful cove where I could swim and snorkel every day. Omanis tend to have large families so kids are very welcomed. TAISM is the school I would have preferred to teach at, but there were no openings for me at the time.
Gemini72

Post by Gemini72 »

Great school. There's early childhood classroom for toddlers, as well as inexpensive English speaking nannies from the Philippines to help out with child care. Cost of living very reasonable. Easy to save half a salary here.
Livabroad

Post by Livabroad »

TAISM had/has very few openings. Assuming its a good school.
sugar1

Post by sugar1 »

I haven't lived there but have traveled there and loved it. I applied for a non-teaching job there and would have loved to go- but alas, no luck! I'm not sure how familiar you are with the Middle East or how much of a culture shock it would be in general for you. But as far as nice places to live in the Middle East, this ranks way up there. Not to mention the great travel opportunities.