Know Anything About Alcanta International College. China

Mac1030

Know Anything About Alcanta International College. China

Post by Mac1030 »

Does anyone know anything about Alcanta International College in Guangzhou, China? There are no reviews on ISR and it is a new school (which always has its pros and cons!).

If you know anything I would appreciate any information on the school and the life in China.

Cheers!
eion_padraig

Re: Know Anything About Alcanta International College. China

Post by eion_padraig »

I knew someone who worked there, but left when the person's spouse's job was relocated. It's a small school meant primarily for Chinese nationals. There may be some non-Chinese students enrolled as well. My friend said the management wasn't great. It's located North of downtown. I don't know the area around the school.

It would be a school to get started, but people probably wouldn't stay here long. There are better places for experienced teachers in China.

Guangzhou is a good city for China. Less expensive that Beijing or Shanghai, with nicer weather. Pollution isn't as bad either, but it's still not as good as Hong Kong. Being in GZ makes it east to head to Hong Kong for the weekend. Flights to Southeast Asia are fairly affordable.