Amadeus International School/HKIS

newchapter

Amadeus International School/HKIS

Post by newchapter »

Does anyone know anything about this (Amadeus) school? Nothing on the paid side and I searched blog but didn't come up with much. How is living in Vienna? Expenses? Taxes? I'm good with money..would I be able to save even a little?

Also still wondering about the religious piece of HKIS...is it low key like an Episcopal school or more intense like a 'we-really-want-people-to-convert' type of school?

Any information would be appreciated!
newchapter

Re: Amadeus International School/HKIS

Post by newchapter »

Anyone? Shadowjack?
eion_padraig

Post by eion_padraig »

The word I hear about HKIS is that the Christian piece is far less intense than a place like Concordia Shanghai or Seoul Foreign School. The complaints I've heard about the place are related to the compensation/evaluation system, not the Christian ethos. That could be because the people I've talked to about the place liked the Christian piece.

I hope that is helpful.
newchapter

Post by newchapter »

Thanks! That's appreciated. I just don't want to be in a place where I feel uncomfortable.
zanyplum

Post by zanyplum »

I accepted at position at HKIS and I am not particularly religious, though I consider myself spiritual. This was not perceived as a problem during the interview. It is a huge school with what seems like a variety of beliefs. The most important thing, at least what it seems to me, is to be respectful and to have an opportunity to learn about a variety of religions.