Would You Answer An Email?

DeDee

Would You Answer An Email?

Post by DeDee »

There's a school I interviewed with that has pretty terrible reviews, that I'm expecting to get an offer on soon. However, I wonder if it's as bad as it seems. I've seen on here where people have said to email teachers at the school. So my question is would you honestly answer an email from a prospective teacher. And, if so would you answer honestly? Or would you think it was admin trying to catch you saying something negative? I really want to email a couple of teachers but I don't know if I should :?:
matts1w

Post by matts1w »

If you emailed me about my school I would be glad to tell you all about it as I am very happy and proud of where I work. That being said, if you find that after emailing a couple of teachers they don't want to talk to you...well....I think that would be a pretty good indicator of that's school's climate.
durianfan

Post by durianfan »

Yes, I would answer honestly, and I have done so in the past. Only the most shady admins would try and catch their teachers that way.
shadowjack

Post by shadowjack »

And would you want to work at a school where the admin would do something like that?
tdaley26

Post by tdaley26 »

I have answered emails of that sort. On a forum such as this you could always just post a query stating that you have an offer from school x and ask if anyone on this board works there or knows someone who has. You may get a variety of responses but that would be normal.
Cheery Littlebottom

Post by Cheery Littlebottom »

I would answer honestly, if someone emailed me.
Being at a school on a day-by-day, week on week basis offers an entirely different experience to the reviews you sometimes see. Plus what's great for some is awful for others.
You have to answer the questions you are sent as factually as possible and avoid going off on one.....