Occupational Therapist

hotfeet22

Occupational Therapist

Post by hotfeet22 »

Hello everyone,

I really enjoy reading all the posts here. They are so informative.

I have a friend in the States that is interested in working overseas. She is an Occupational Therapist in Arizona. The districts where I taught in the States provided these services to the students but I have yet to see an OT vacancy advertised in the IS market (but I have only been in international education for 3 years). Is this even an option? She is really interested in moving overseas in the next few years--are they are other options for her?

Thank you!
shadowjack

Post by shadowjack »

Your friend should try registering with Helen Zeigler (not sure of the websites), an agency specializing in medical personnel. She would likely be able to find work overseas at a hospital.

However, I don't know of any schools who hire OTs.
hotfeet22

Post by hotfeet22 »

Thank you!
hotfeet22

Post by hotfeet22 »

Thank you!
wrldtrvlr123

Post by wrldtrvlr123 »

Your friend should definitely check out Sterling Medical Overseas. They specialize in recruiting for OTs, SLPs etc for Dept. of Defense schools. It's not an international school but it's a great package (excellent salary and housing) with access to base privileges in many cases (PX, commissary etc).

Best of all, many bases are located in Western Europe where many/most international schools do not offer significant housing allowances etc.

There are currently opening being advertized for Japan and Turkey.

http://www.sterlingoverseas.com/positions.html