emails to schools via Search website

chipmunk84

emails to schools via Search website

Post by chipmunk84 »

What do you put in an email to the school if you apply via the search website? I've sent a few but have never had a reply so decided to apply by following their instructions on their own website instead.
newchapter

Post by newchapter »

I have a short and simple paragraph saying I saw their post and will be attending ____ job fair but can also be reached via Skype. I know let them know that my profile, references, and resume can be found on the Search site. It's very short and sweet as I figure they get tons but I have gotten responses. I figure this is easy for them as one click and there all my info. is - especially the confidential references.

I'm too busy to fiddle around with the other stuff...this is working for me but I know it doesn't work for everyone. Plus, I'm new to this and casting a wide net...I suppose later, after my first gig, when I know exactly where I want to go I'll go through the school's website and apply that way - if that's what they require.
litgal

Post by litgal »

I am new to this too but my approach was a bit different than newchapter. I did the same type of introduction but prior to writing did a fairly thorough tour of the school website and tried to find something I could connect with in regards to my experiences, the position, and my desires. It is very time consuming for sure!! But I did get two Skype interviews and a couple of acknowledgments asking for additional information.

Like Newchapter, I definitely did not have time to do the above and follow the schools directions for uploading to their own website... everything needed to know about me to consider reaching out for further conversation is covered in the Search files... I think anyway. But I did make a concerted effort to make a more personal connection in the interest letters I sent, especially because it is my first time, I am not in a high needs area, and I do not have IB experience.
newchapter

Post by newchapter »

I think you just have to do what works for you at the moment...I've had 2 Skypes, 1 phone, 2 others wanting to Skype or chat before fair and 1 contacted me without even sending them anything! Oh...and 1 of the Skype interviews produced an offer but I turned it down. I'm new and definitely not in a high needs area...2 of the schools are considered absolutely top tier! So, not too bad but of course we'll find out at the fair what happens! I'll probably end up at a 4th tier school in a third world country somewhere...or working at Cinnabon at the mall...lol
litgal

Post by litgal »

LOL Newchapter!!! Well, you certainly have had some great options so far so I am sure you will be fine. With all the craziness where i currently work I am about ready to go to Whole Foods where I can be surrounded by good food and happy people!!

Just tonight I got a second Skype interview request to talk with same person as the first one and the head of school.... we'll see!! Sounds like a place I would love professionally.

Just curious... why did you turn down the offer given during the Skype? Are you elementary or secondary?
newchapter

Post by newchapter »

Litgal, can we private message on here? Not sure.
chipmunk84

Post by chipmunk84 »

Thanks, very helpful. Looks like I've been wasting my time doing all these separate applications!
newchapter

Post by newchapter »

Litgal - I found this thread...I think it's good to read!

http://internationalschoolsreview.com/v ... ight=egypt