Keeping in touch with headteachers for future positions

tritri

Keeping in touch with headteachers for future positions

Post by tritri »

Hi all

I had an interview for a school a few years ago which I was unsuccessful for at the time. However the head told me to keep in touch in the future and to keep them in mind.

Now, I notice that they are recruiting again and I would like to apply but how should I go about this? Should I email the head directly to remind them of myself and that I would be interested in a position again? Or should I apply through the website as normal maybe with a quick email to say that I have done so?

Any advice would be very welcome!
dover2013

Post by dover2013 »

Both. Apply as normal and send the head a formal but friendly email reminding him or her who you are.

Some heads tell everyone to keep in touch because they never know when they might need a teacher at short notice. Others tell you only if they really want you to and you "missed out" to someone who just happened to be a "better fit" "this time round". You have no way of knowing other than gut feeling about your previous encounter with the head - could be a decent honest head or could be a cowboy.
tritri

Post by tritri »

Thanks for the advice, I think I agree it's the right choice to make. :) He seemed sincere so *fingers crossed*