Bangkok 2014

Briz

Bangkok 2014

Post by Briz »

All checked into my hotel for the next 9 days to cover the ISS and Search job fairs. I opted to sign up for both fairs this time around and see if ISS would be a good fair and to hone my interview skills for the search fair. It was more economical to take my family to Thailand for the holidays and just stay here instead of flying back and forth. Thankfully my school allowed it, I just have to take the extra days with no pay. If things go well, I will just be sight seeing and not visiting the Royal Orchid.

Got the tweet this morning that our folders are ready and sign ups begin at 8am. So after writing this, I am off to shower, go grab some breakfast and to pop over to the Shangra-La to sign in for the ISS IRC. The big day is really tomorrow, but I have one school wanting to talk today and another who I have already spoken to about setting up an interview time. I have my chart of schools and jobs I want to hit for both fairs, I have read all of the reviews, I have written out answers to all of the important interview questions so all is go. My lucky wife will get to spend the time with me tonight going over my responses.

Good luck to all candidates this week!
shadowjack

Post by shadowjack »

Good luck Briz! Keep us posted.
BlueJay

Post by BlueJay »

Good luck, Briz. I'll be in London the following week. Not sure that I'll post anything though.
Mac1030

Post by Mac1030 »

Good luck, hope all goes well!
ChoirGuy

Post by ChoirGuy »

Good luck Briz! Hope all is going well and you're hired already!
Briz

Post by Briz »

Thank you for your well wishes. I have a bit of trepidation about ISS, but it is a fair. Tiny little candidate lounge humored me. At least they put in a couple of computers. Orientation after a whole day of sign ins seems a little late. Also having school presos on the 3rd day after a day of interviewing seems like they missed the point of the presentations.

The whole idea is getting in front of the recruiter and getting your story out and hearing theirs, so we will see what tonight and tomorrow brings.
chalupa

Post by chalupa »

Good luck Briz! I'm here too! Had one interview which went very well. A few requests for interviews. I like the vibe here, ISS people very helpful and friendly, other candidates seem pretty relaxed.
Last edited by chalupa on Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
PsychBean

Post by PsychBean »

Best of luck to you Briz! Please keep us posted. I am excited right along with you.
Cheery Littlebottom

Post by Cheery Littlebottom »

Yup, good luck! XX
marieh

Post by marieh »

Good luck at the fair and enjoy your time here in Bangkok! It's a lovely city.
durianfan

Post by durianfan »

Good luck to everyone. I was there last year and found a great job. This year I am very happy to be relaxing at the beach instead of stressing out about the fair. It's 3-day adrenaline rush - good luck and please post a few diaries!
Briz

Post by Briz »

Day 1 super busy for me....

8 face to face interviews and a 2nd interview via Skype.

2 offers so far.

Met at least one person with a signed contract. Social was small and nice in comparison to search. Saw all of the schools I needed, set all things in motion for tomorrow.

I still think search having the school presos first is a better idea.

Better feeling overall, VERY tired... This fair is probably over tomorrow. Not sure why it goes to the 7th.
ChoirGuy

Post by ChoirGuy »

Great news Briz!!!
Mac1030

Post by Mac1030 »

Great to hear things are going well with interviews and offers! Rest up!
vettievette

Post by vettievette »

Great updates, Briz! I'm joining the rest of you in the hunt later this week @ Search - Bangkok-bound tomorrow. :)