What are the chances?

cmfoster1966

What are the chances?

Post by cmfoster1966 »

I'm a middle level education teacher(4-8) science teacher, but I am able to teach all four core areas. Currently teaching 7/8 grade science and have been teaching for 3 years. My other half is elementary teacher and she has been teaching for 10 years. We have three children ranging in age from 4 to 8.
What schools would be a good choice to look into?
wrldtrvlr123

Re: What are the chances?

Post by wrldtrvlr123 »

[quote="cmfoster1966"]I'm a middle level education teacher(4-8) science teacher, but I am able to teach all four core areas. Currently teaching 7/8 grade science and have been teaching for 3 years. My other half is elementary teacher and she has been teaching for 10 years. We have three children ranging in age from 4 to 8.
What schools would be a good choice to look into?[/quote]
---------------------------------------------
Someone may have a better answer for you, but really, what parts of the world are you interested in?

As a teaching couple you are solid candidates. You are in a relatively high needs field which makes up for your being a little short on experience (just fine but pretty much the minimum a school will be looking for).

Your other half has very good experience in an area that is not high needs but one where schools will need teachers every year. The only significant negative is your 3 dependents. 2 dependents for 2 teachers would be fairly common and acceptable by most schools. One over that may be a major drawback for some schools but you should be in contention for a nice range of decent to great schools around the world.

Rather than ask us about specific schools, you and your family should talk about regions that you would be most interested in/be a good fit for you. Good luck and keep those questions coming!
cmfoster1966

Post by cmfoster1966 »

We are looking into China, South Korea, and area around there. Also a few Middle East countries.