Current Supervisors at the Fair

justlooking

Current Supervisors at the Fair

Post by justlooking »

My husband and I will attend the Search Bangkok fair in just a few days. Both our current principal and head of school will be at the fair recruiting teachers. I want to know if anyone has any advice how to best use these supervisors as a reference. Have you ever done this? Has it worked out? I don't have any reason to believe either of these gentlemen would say something derogatory or untrue, but hey, you never know.

Should I indicate on my resume that they can be found locally and invite recruiters to speak to them or just leave well enough alone?

Looking for any advice.
shadowjack

Post by shadowjack »

Tell them to start recommending you to everybody they come in contact with at the fair! Seriously, if you know they value you, find out who they know at what schools and use them as an in.

Three teachers I know did this using their heads from previous schools and got the jobs they wanted.
Briz

Post by Briz »

My HOS will be there, and although I do not have a strategy or plan to use him, I most definitely will. Just tell them hey my current supervisor is here, can I get you in contact with them? It is how he got me to take the job, and he is a great guy who really wants the best for me. Use 'em!!!
nikkor

Post by nikkor »

Your admin should be a powerful advocate for you at the fair. Encourage each person you interview with to speak with them about you.

If you've done the hard work at school, they should do the same for you at the fair.

I know it might not always work this way, but it should.