last day of job fair

newchapter

last day of job fair

Post by newchapter »

Does anyone have any suggestions as to when I should leave on the last day of the job fair - Sunday for the Cambridge job fair. Just wondering what time I should book my flight out. Itinerary just says that interviews continue as needed. Do most schools try and get out early on the last day or would it be beneficial for me to stick around on Sunday?

Maybe that Tier 1 administrator is the last one to leave and we get stuck in the elevator together and I save the day and he offers me the job of my dreams...maybe not...but I'm sure stranger things have happened!

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Trojan

Post by Trojan »

I got my current job-- been here 5 years-- on the Sunday morning of a fair. If you have gone through all the trouble of a fair, I would not be in a hurry to get out of there.

Probably depends on your work schedule too. Do you have to work on Monday?

How marketable are you?
newchapter

Post by newchapter »

Thanks, Trojan.

Well...I think I'm pretty marketable and my Search counselor seemed to think so. I'm elementary so that's not great. Single...no dependents. I have a lot of experience but this is my first foray into international teaching - with the exception of teaching ESL in Tokyo 20 years ago.

I can stay Sunday for awhile...was thinking about a 2:00 or 3:00 flight out. That would give me up until about noon.
Nomads

Post by Nomads »

Noon is fine. It will take 30 to 40 minutes to get to the airport from the conference hotel.
Aubrey77

Post by Aubrey77 »

Seems to be interesting.
newchapter

Post by newchapter »

Thanks, Nomads...that's what I was thinking but, you know, we have to run these things by the whole forum to make sure we're on the right track! lol
shadowjack

Post by shadowjack »

Got my job offer the last hour of the BKK fair...stick around, just in case...
PsychBean

Post by PsychBean »

I agree with shadow! I've only been to one fair but around the end things seemed to be a bit more flexible.
newchapter

Post by newchapter »

Thanks, all. My flight out is at 3:00 P.M. on Sunday so that should give me until about 1:00....and I might even be able to move it to later if need be.