Shekou International School

Bellarex

Post by Bellarex »

There's a lot of information on the paid member's side of the site.
gengrant

Post by gengrant »

What kinds of things would you like to know? The new (first year) Director just got a scathing review on site. The school is the oldest (and by default, most prestigious) IS in Shenzhen. They are an IB school. Some friends of mine left after 3 years after (in their words) being "extremely overworked." Good school, decent package, part of the ISS group - one of a handful of schools worldwide actually managed by ISS. Stepping outside of the ISS box this year and Director is going to recruit at the Search HK fair this year for the first time.

Anything else?

Shekou is the expat enclave - many who live their rarely leave to experience life outside of the affectionately named "Expat Ghetto." Shenzhen is a fast-paced, large Chinese city (over 10 million people). Easy transport to Hong Kong. Growing/expanding area with many English speaking people, but of course Mandarin is still the main language. Some decent western restaurants, good electronics markets, expat shopping areas (to some extent). Still relatively safe with excellent transportation options. Western food shops abound, along with an online western grocery option (with free delivery).

I have lived in SZ for a number of years, but am leaving soon. I will miss the city, as it has become my second home.
gengrant

Post by gengrant »

That, unfortunately I can't answer, as I have never worked there. Only info I have is from my good friends who left at the end of last year and from what I hear around town - sorry.