Candian Academy, Kobe, Japan

patterss

Candian Academy, Kobe, Japan

Post by patterss »

Does anyone have experience teaching or known someone who has taught at the Canadian Academy in Kobe, Japan? Any idea what the cost of living is? I have met the current headmaster before, Fred Wesson, and he was very nice. I'd appreciate any comments. Thank you.
patterss

Post by patterss »

Sorry, my Canadian friends, for misspelling Canadian in my subject line!
ichiro

Post by ichiro »

deleted
Last edited by ichiro on Sat May 05, 2012 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
patterss

Post by patterss »

Thanks for the helpful information. I am married to a non-teaching spouse and we are in our mid-50s so this may be a good place for us. We hope it isn't like Bangkok!

I look forward to an interview. Thanks again.
allie farnlof

Canadian Academy, Kobe

Post by allie farnlof »

To patterss:

I've had good friends who taught at the school for several years. They enjoyed their stay, although they said they worked very hard. Both of them found Kobe an easy place to live. But,I have no personal experience with either the school or Kobe.

I worked under Fred Wesson at a previous school however, and I can't say enough good things about the man. I found him to be thoughtful, patient, caring and knowledgeable. He cares greatly about kids and staff and h :D e and his wife went out of their way to support me during a difficult time. He's a good man and I would work for him again in a heartbeat.

Good luck.
Goddess

Post by Goddess »

As far as teachers, parents, students, package, curriculum, I'd give it a solid 'B' grade. Nothing negative to say about it at all!
BobbyBamboo

Post by BobbyBamboo »

Does anyone have any recent information about this school? Still no ISR reviews.