Shen Wai International Shenzhen

aridion

Shen Wai International Shenzhen

Post by aridion »

I am about to start applying for schools for next year. I have come across this school. Is it a good place to work? Supportive? work load?

Any info. very appreciated.

Thanks.
whynot

Post by whynot »

Good school. Definitely worth looking at.
Yantantether

Post by Yantantether »

I'm pretty sure this in NOT an International School Per se, but a Chinese School with an attached International Program. Now I'm not saying this is a bad thing as I don't know enough but I would advise doing some further research if I was you. Director is also Chinese I believe, which is something else to consider.
whynot

Post by whynot »

[quote="Yantantether"]I'm pretty sure this in NOT an International School Per se, but a Chinese School with an attached International Program. Now I'm not saying this is a bad thing as I don't know enough but I would advise doing some further research if I was you. Director is also Chinese I believe, which is something else to consider.[/quote]

This IS a proper international school. I can see the angle you're coming from, but this is not one of 'those Chinese schools'. Director is Chinese, as it is invested in by the Chinese government. The knee-jerk reaction to this would be negative. Head of School and Principal are expats. Good package, good conditions, PYP and MYP authorised and done well, excellent facilities, well-resourced school. Good kids and parents.
Last edited by whynot on Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
shadowjack

Post by shadowjack »

What positions are open for next year Whynot? I take it you teach there?
Yantantether

Post by Yantantether »

[quote="whynot"][quote="Yantantether"]I'm pretty sure this in NOT an International School Per se, but a Chinese School with an attached International Program. Now I'm not saying this is a bad thing as I don't know enough but I would advise doing some further research if I was you. Director is also Chinese I believe, which is something else to consider.[/quote]

This IS a proper international school. I can see the angle you're coming from, but this is not one of 'those Chinese schools'. Director is Chinese, as it is invested in by the Chinese government. The knee-jerk reaction to this would be negative, but not to those of us on the ground. Head of School and Principal are expats. Good package, good conditions, PYP and MYP authorised and done well, excellent facilities, most well-resourced school I have ever been at. Good kids and parents.[/quote]

If that's the case then you have my apologies.
Any reason then why you are not registered on the IBO list of schools and have no IB authorised credits on your website?

Cheers.
wayout

Post by wayout »

I would personally consider SWIS to be a tier 3 international school. A majority of their students are local, they accept just about any applicant, and they are a Chinese government school. With that being said, the campus is top-notch, the package is very decent, and Shenzhen is a great place to live.
shadowjack

Post by shadowjack »

Three questions

air quality

temperature average in winter

student body size
aridion

Post by aridion »

Thanks for the replys. I am not put off by the Chinese make up of the pupil body.

It does sound like a school that is growing fast and will have PYP and IB certification soon. This is important to me.

I might just give it a go.