Hiring early in the season

PsychBean

Hiring early in the season

Post by PsychBean »

Hello All,

Just reading through the posts and noticing that more than a few schools are hiring early. I would see a job in Nov and here it is early Dec. and the posting is filled. I keep reading that schools will interview and possibly not decide until later in the hiring season just to get the best applicants. But from observations there is a good deal of hiring going on...

So it is a bit unnerving where I thought there is plenty of time in the hiring season... I am now I am wondering if I should be a bit nervous... Ugh this hiring season is so nerve racking!
Bellarex

Post by Bellarex »

On the flipside... we've been offered positions at a decent school with a decent package in an area of the world we wouldn't have considered. We wish we could have all of our offers, current and future, on the table all at once. Unfortunately we don't know if there will be future offers, so we're forced to make a decision this week.
PsychBean

Post by PsychBean »

Wow, I totally understand that. I also agree. Send your best offers now and let us decide what is the best choice. We can not have it all... It is nice to wish for it all though.

Best of luck to you in making your decision.
shadowjack

Post by shadowjack »

Psychbean,

it might also be that more offers are going out in those hard-to-hire areas of math and science, or the candidates possess some qualifications experience that make the school jump now rather than wait.

It could also be that the new director hates recruiting fairs and so does it early...
PsychBean

Post by PsychBean »

[quote="shadowjack"]Psychbean,

it might also be that more offers are going out in those hard-to-hire areas of math and science, or the candidates possess some qualifications experience that make the school jump now rather than wait.

It could also be that the new director hates recruiting fairs and so does it early...[/quote]

Hi Shadowjack,

You are always a pleasant and positive poster! I am watching these positions getting snapped up one by one. I have a friend SEN teacher sent off her resume to a school sunday, the director said he would get back to her in 2 weeks when contracts came back. This school is also attending all fairs.. So I just guess you never know. I am feeling the pressure of not going to fairs and while I have been successful not going.. I just wonder, what if... Ah well such is life.
eion_padraig

Post by eion_padraig »

Another thing that happens are teachers switching positions within the schools. So someone moves to a middle school counseling to the high school. A classroom teacher moves to be an IB coordinator. We've also had spouses of teachers get hired for positions that became open. This happens as well as regular old early hires.

I think the difficult part is that this process doesn't lend it self to optimization. You're never going to have all the information you want and the timing won't be such that all the offers will come simultaneously.
shadowjack

Post by shadowjack »

Chin up, PsychBean!

I have always found that things worked out the way they should, even when I first thought they didn't.

To partially quote West Side Story, "There's a Place for You" - it will all come together.

Sending you, and all ISR posters positive thoughts for the holidays (and recruiting season ahead!).

On another note, Mrs. Shadowjack, who was a trailing spouse last year, has an interview this year :-) Might there be a job on the horizon???
eion_padraig

Post by eion_padraig »

Good luck to Mrs. Shadowjack.

We had several trailing spouses get hired for positions for next year at my school. Most were supply/substitute teachers at our school this fall.
PsychBean

Post by PsychBean »

[quote="shadowjack"]Chin up, PsychBean!

I have always found that things worked out the way they should, even when I first thought they didn't.

To partially quote West Side Story, "There's a Place for You" - it will all come together.

Sending you, and all ISR posters positive thoughts for the holidays (and recruiting season ahead!).

On another note, Mrs. Shadowjack, who was a trailing spouse last year, has an interview this year :-) Might there be a job on the horizon???[/quote]

Chin is up!
Best of luck to Mrs Jack!

It just seems like thus year verses last year positions are being sewn up. Or maybe I wasn't paying attention till around feb. Ah well time shall reveal what us to be.

Back to nail biting! Lol
shadowjack

Post by shadowjack »

I am sure something will turn up. Keep your eyes open and apply, apply, apply, for those positions which fit you.

Stay positive!