Zambia..American International School

litgal

Zambia..American International School

Post by litgal »

Anyone have insights about this school.... the reviews are mixed on ISR. Info about living in Zambia appreciated as well... it appears there is not much to do and travel is expensive according to the reviews.
PsychBean

Post by PsychBean »

I am interested also.
RandyBush

Post by RandyBush »

Hi there, I live in Zambia with my wife and child. We love living here and feel that there is more than plenty to do and see. We don't fly to destinations, but drive. Just last week, we went on a boat cruise on the big lake here, saw tons of animals (elephants, zebras, edland, etc) and then ate a private dinner on an island in the middle of the lake -- the cruise was $45 USD and the place to stay nearby that night $25 per person. Just an example, but plenty to do if you like outdoor restaurants and camping especially. Movies are $5. We have heard great things about AISL too. We know people who have worked there for 5-10 years and have great things to say about how it is changing and growing. Teacher housing seems nice. The weather is the best that we have ever lived in. Definitely consider this school and living in Zambia!
happyteacher

Post by happyteacher »

I don't have direct experience with the school, but had friends who spent a number of years there and really enjoyed it. They liked the lifestyle and package. I worked with Tom Pado previously, and found him to be a great boss. Highly professional, smart, and sees the big picture.

Good luck