Best European Schools?

overseashb

Best European Schools?

Post by overseashb »

We're currently teaching in a good International PYP School and will be spending the next few years here, but we are looking to move to Europe next, preferably Western Europe. Which International Schools are currently regarded as the best within Europe? - Not just thinking about salary, but also facilities/admin/staff morale, and standard of living.

Thanks.
Cheery Littlebottom

Post by Cheery Littlebottom »

International school of Stavanger. Beautiful school, staff, students, country. The pay is not bad either! I suspect, though, that you may need to be recruited direct from the USA. (And ok I do know that technically that's not Europe ;-)
I have friends who are also very happy in Bucharest, and other friends who worked in AIS Warsaw, IS Belgrade, Zurich International and Stockholm recently (within the last 4 years) who were very happy too.
As with everywhere, you need to dig for information closer to the time and consider your fit within each institution.
Happy researching!
Glerky

Post by Glerky »

Frankfurt IS, Munich IS, IS Brussels, American School Hague, AIS Vienna, IS Geneva, and the Zurich schools are some of the top ones. All are in Western Europe and the standard of living is amazing. You do pay taxes and don't have housing though. As for admin and morale... that changes so often you'd have to find someone in each school to know.
overseashb

Post by overseashb »

Thanks for these suggestions - really helpful. Does any one know anything about the IS Lausanne? Also what about International School Amsterdam or IS Hague?

Thanks