International School of Panama?

BigPapi

International School of Panama?

Post by BigPapi »

Does anyone have any recent information about the International School of Panama? Or life in Panama in general?

The reviews on this site are mixed and out of date. I would love to hear some more current opinions about the school, especially since it looks like they got a new head since all the reviews were written. Also, many of the reviews mention problems with technology, and I am applying for a techie position, so very interested in knowing more about that! Also: salary/benefits - housing allowance/housing details - settling in? Is this school moving up or down?

The school website is quite bad but that doesn't always reflect the quality of a school, so if anyone has firsthand experience with this school, please share!

Thanks.
RandyBush

Post by RandyBush »

School is moving up not down. Previous head and this one are good. Secondary school admin is good. Technology has been improving every year. Every teacher has a laptop and projector, a few whiteboards floating around. I never heard a no when I wanted to order soft and/or hardware. Probably better now, I am 1.5 years removed.

Panama is okay. Traffic can be awful. You can get anything you need. Travel opportunities are good especially if you like the beach. As a family of three on one salary, we saved a little but not much. The package on search in under representing what you would get.
jahangeer100

Post by jahangeer100 »

what is the average cost of primary private education in Panama.
PsychBean

Post by PsychBean »

I would like to know more about this school as well and perhaps other international schools in the area.