Monterrey - Mexico

OneEyePirate

Monterrey - Mexico

Post by OneEyePirate »

Anyone any information about any of the IS in Monterrey?
schoolcounselor

Post by schoolcounselor »

Welcome Pirate,

If you use the search function above, you will find several other posts about Monterrey. Also, a few schools there are reviewed on ISR, so I recommend becoming a paid subscriber so you can read those first hand to inform your research.
Alexandru

Post by Alexandru »

I teach at an IS in Monterrey. What do you want to know?
OneEyePirate

Post by OneEyePirate »

Nice! And thanks for the answers!

Alexandru: I was actually looking for some information about the Colegio Euroamericano. Do you work there, or at another school? Can you tell me something about the city, about the schools, etc?

All the information is highly appreciated!
Alexandru

Post by Alexandru »

My contacts told me that the Diaz Ordaz campus is more organized than the other campus in the south of the city. The staff are happy and are paid 22,000-26,000 pesos (including housing). The English level of the students (and the academic rigor) isn't as high as other schools in Monterrey. The teachers don't have guard duties. Also, the parents are supportive. What else do you want to know?

The city has its ups and downs. It has good nightlife if you're into that. The public transportation system is also good. The Mexicans in Monterrey are colder than the stereotypical Mexicans (i.e. friendly) that you hear about, although there are exceptions of course. The city has a lot of Western cuisine. I haven't had any problems with pickpocketing or other dangerous things, and I take the public transportation to work everyday.

What else do you want to know?
OneEyePirate

Post by OneEyePirate »

Hej! Thats already very helpfull thanks!

A couple of additional questions:
- Do teacher get any help with the housing, or has the school some appartments or such?

- How many hours a day do teacher have actually teach?

- I get the impression that most of the students are Mexican, is that correct?

Thanks again for all the help!
Alexandru

Post by Alexandru »

You get a housing allowance, and it's in cash. I have no idea how many hours teachers teach per day, but I'm guessing it's probably an average amount. Most of the students are Mexican, yeah.
OneEyePirate

Post by OneEyePirate »

Thanks for all the info, really helpful!